The practice of dentistry encompasses an amazing array of services and procedures, all with a common goal: to help you to preserve your natural teeth as long as possible, ensure your oral health, and keep you looking and feeling great throughout life.
General Dentistry Procedures
Modern dentistry offers a wide range of services to make sure your teeth stay healthy, function well and look great. These procedures include:
- Professional Cleanings & Oral Exams for all ages starting at 3 Years old, to keep your teeth and gums healthy, and catch early signs of dental disease
- Sealants, to help prevent cavities
- Tooth-Colored Fillings, for a completely natural, healthy look
- Crowns & Bridgework, to replace large amounts of lost tooth structure and/or missing teeth
- Extractions, to remove unhealthy teeth that cannot be saved
- Inlays & Onlays, to fill teeth with larger cavities
- Porcelain Veneers, for repairing larger chips and cracks, and reshaping teeth
- Removable Partial and Full Dentures, to help you smile again
- Root Canal Treatment, to rescue diseased teeth
- TMJ Treatment, for pain in the jaw area that can interfere with biting and chewing
When to Visit the Dentist
Many people only go to the dentist when something is wrong. That is truly a shame, because they are missing out on so many preventive services that can save discomfort — and expense — down the road. Regular dental visits are essential to make sure oral health problems — from tooth decay to oral cancer — are detected and treated in a timely manner. Some individuals may need to see the dentist more often than others to stay on top of problems like plaque buildup and gum disease, but everyone should go at least once per year (though twice a year is recommended).
Your regular dental visits will include a thorough oral exam to check the health of your teeth and gums, oral cancer screening, and a professional cleaning to remove stubborn deposits so your teeth look and feel great. Don't miss out on the many benefits dentistry offers you and your family!
Tooth Decay — A Preventable Disease Tooth decay is the number one reason children and adults lose teeth during their lifetime. Yet many people don't realize that it is a preventable infection. This article explores the causes of tooth decay, its prevention, and the relationship to bacteria, sugars, and acids... Read Article
Cosmetic Dentistry — A Time For Change We are living in an exciting era in dentistry. Today more than ever before, the healing arts are able to provide cosmetic change to meet the public's ever-increasing expectations. Join Dear Doctor magazine as we review the myriad of possibilities available to you for cosmetic dental change... Read Article
Dentistry and Oral Health for Children Dear Doctor magazine brings you this wide-ranging overview of milestones and transitions in your child's dental development. Learn how to protect your children from tooth decay, dental injuries, and unhealthy habits while getting them started on the road to a lifetime of oral health and general well-being... Read Article